425th Regimental Association

The regimental home of Company F (RANGER) 425th Infantry

425th Regimental Association E-Newsletter – Fall 2016

· Tags: , ,

425 Regimental LOGO - Small425th Regimental Association


Fall, 2016


It was a busy summer for the Association –

Beat “Identity Theft With a Free Credit Report.

We hear a lot in the news today about “identity theft.” Here are some pointers on how to minimize the risk that you’ll become a victim.

For example, a man begins getting letters and phone calls from a credit card company telling him he is in default on his account. He doesn’t have an account with that company . . . or so he thinks. In fact, his daughter had opened an account in his name without his permission. As long as the daughter was paying on the account, he remained unaware. When she stopped making payments, that’s when the company began to contact him.

This “surprise” could have been avoided if he was a little more vigilant about his accounts. So how do you find out if there are accounts in your name you don’t know about? It’s pretty easy. Under federal law, you are entitled to obtain an annual free credit report, normally from the big three credit reporting companies: Experian, Transunion and Equifax. It’s really free . . . nothing to sign up for, no credit card required, no gimmicks. Simply go to www.annualcreditreport.com and follow the steps. You will have to provide a social security number and other personal information. Be prepared to print or save to your computer the credit reports as they are typically only available during that login session. You can only do this once per year. If you want to review your reports more often, you can request one report from a different company every four months.

You can also request your free report by phone by calling (877) 322-8228.  Read your reports carefully. Look for accounts that you do not recognize, addresses listed for you that you’ve never lived at, credit inquiries from companies you don’t recognize and make sure any other information on the report is completely accurate.

TRICARE’S Nurse Advice Line: the right choice for active adults

Do you know that more than half of all adults 65 and older have three or more chronic medical problems, such as heart disease, diabetes, cancer or arthritis? Older adults can have multiple health problems and not know whether they need to see a doctor or can administer self-care. Have you considered TRICARE’s Nurse Advice Line (NAL)?

The NAL is an option for beneficiaries to get information on their medical problems quickly and at any time. To access the NAL, dial (800) TRICARE (874-2273) and select option 1. Get more information on the TRICARE website.

Michigan veteran designation for licenses and ID cards

The veteran designation gives veterans an easy way to prove their veteran status to receive discounts from businesses. Eligible veterans may get the designation by visiting any Secretary of State office or when renewing through the mail. The designation is available when you apply for an original or renewal Michigan license or ID at no additional charge. If added at another time, correction fees will apply.  The word “Veteran” will be printed in red on the front of the card.

Military veterans who served in any branch of the U.S. armed forces and have an honorable or under honorable conditions (general) discharge may have a veteran designation printed on their Michigan driver’s license or state identification card.  Qualifying services include the U.S. Air Force, Air Force National Guard, Army, Army National Guard, Coast Guard, Marine Corps and Navy, as well as their Reserve components.

Contact the Michigan Secretary of State office for more information.

425th Regimental Association Board of Directors & Contact Information 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *