The NEW Michigan National Guard Museum
The Michigan National Guard has its own museum!
Some of the Company F memorabilia will be on display
The museum is in building 2834 near Custer’s ‘First’ stand on the West Side of the base on Wayne Road, and is operated by the Fort Custer Historical Society.
The museum is in one of those old WWII wooden barracks. Please understand that these efforts are funded completely on donations from groups like ours and what they can get from the DOD. The Museum is supposed to open sometime this year, but a definite opening date has not been set yet.
The directions to Ft. Custer is as follows:
- Take I 94 West to Exit 92 North
- Turn right onto Columbia which is I-94 Business loop.
- Continue on I-94 Business loop which turns into Dr. Martin Luther King
- Take a left on Hill Brady Road
- Go to the first light which is Denso road and turn Left.
- The fence for the perimeter is on the left to the new main gate.
You can also ask for directions at the main gate.
If anyone doesn’t have an ID card, please call SFC Marietta to arrange access onto the base. SFC Marietta’s phone number is 269 731-6643.