425th Regimental Association Newsletter – Fall 2015· Tags: 425 Infantry, 425th Infantry, 82nd Airborne Association, Army Ranger, Bruce VFW Post, Camp Grayling, Co F (Ranger) 425th Infantry, Company F, Dining Out, LRSC, LRSU, Ranger Rendezvous, Reunion Dinner, skydive, Thunder over Michigan, vfw
425th Regimental Association
Renew your Membership and Shop Online on the Regimental website
The 425th Regimental Association has joined the ecommerce age! You can now renew your membership online through the Membership Center on the Association website.
You can also purchase Regimental clothing, coins, license plates, and decals through the Regimental Quartermaster Store. We accept payment by PayPal, Visa, and Mastercard.
Thunder Over Michigan Air Show
Once again David Lincicome will be leading the charge for our parking project at the Willow Run Airport. It will be the weekend of 29-30 August. As in the past the Association will receive funds for our coffers in accordance to the number of volunteers we have working the parking concession.
We have done well the past several years. This fund raiser is one of the reasons that the Association is in a strong financial position and can conduct some activities at a loss. We need YOUR help as a volunteer for this event. Let’s make this another banner year. You can work both days or just one and get to see the air show free.
Workers will receive their choice of a free 425th Association hat, T-shirt or license plate. For more details or to volunteer contact David Lincicome at email@example.com.
Joint 82nd Airborne Division Association/425th Regimental Association Picnic – Saturday. 25 July 2015
Once again we had a great time at the joint picnic with the 82nd Airborne Division Association. There was plenty of food and drink. We were able to catch up with comrades from the past and meet new comrades who were in the unit before or after our own time. Unfortunately the parachute jump scheduled for 1500 was cancelled due to high winds (nothing we have ever experienced!), but that did not prevent people from having a good time.
There was a general membership meeting in the Club Room of the Bruce VFW Post. The minutes from that meeting are at the end of this newsletter.
Obamacare Requirement for Your Income Tax Return
Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), all Americans including all military members (active duty, retired, Selected Reserve, or Retired Reserve) and their eligible family members must have health care coverage that meets a minimum standard called minimum essential coverage or pay a fee. Your TRICARE coverage meets the minimum essential coverage requirement under the ACA.
“The term “active duty” means full-time duty in the active service of a uniformed service for more than 30 consecutive days”.
Beginning in January 2016, DFAS will provide IRS Form 1095-C to all U.S. military members, and IRS Form 1095-B to all Retirees, Annuitants, former spouses and all other individuals having TRICARE coverage during all or any portion of tax year 2015. An IRS Form 1095 documents you (and your family members, if applicable) have the minimum essential coverage. More information will be forthcoming about the delivery method of these forms.
These forms will document the information that DFAS will provide to the IRS on yourself and your authorized family members. The forms will be required to be reported with your 2015 federal tax return. DFAS will provide you with IRS Form 1095 series forms no later than Jan. 31, 2016.
You can find more information about the impact of the Affordable Care Act on your federal income tax at: http://www.irs.gov/Affordable-Care-Act.
Warning Order! 425th Regimental Association Reunion Dinner
We are making plans to hold a Reunion Dinner at the Bruce VFW Post on Friday, October 23. The cost will be $30 per person. This will be a catered buffet dinner with an open bar. This is NOT a formal Dining Out, but an informal “Reunion Dinner.” We hope that this will be an opportunity for both members and their wives to enjoy the camaraderie of Company F. Look for an invitation via email and Facebook.
Minutes from 25 July 15 General Membership Meeting
- The meeting was called to order by Dick Anderson at 1410. followed by the Pledge of Allegiance and the 425th Regimental Prayer.
- Minutes of lasts year’s meeting were read by Tony Lopiccolo. Motion to approve by Ben Walker, second by Tom Neff. Approved.
- Treasurer’s report was given by Tom Neff. The Association is in a healthy financial position with $8,633.13 on hand. Motion to approve by Mark Evans, second by Ben Walker. Approved.
- David Lincicome reported on the Quartermaster operations. We are making every effort to meet member requests at meetings and via the web site. We are trying to operate with no inventory and, as a result, some orders are delayed while specific shirts and hats are made by our vendor. Bob Wangen described how the Quartermaster Store on the web site works and apologized for some early problems, but said most of the “growing pains” are over and we have a good system in place. Because all of the work is being done by volunteers that members be patient and contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any problems.
- Bob Wangen and Tom Neff reported on the Ranger Rendezvous at Camp Grayling. We had over 30 members attend the function. Some spent the whole weekend, some dropped in for a short visit. We had to jump through some administrative hoops, but were able to get use of a range at Grayling which allowed our members to fire their personal weapons until we ran out of ammo. The quarters were excellent and there was more food and drink than anyone could consume. The final event of reading the list of “Absent Friends” at the Co F Memorial Stone near the Camp Grayling Chapel. The group decided that this should be an annual event and we are making plans to have the next one on June 4 & 5, 2016.
- The was a general discussion of future plans. There was a general decision to have the Ranger Rendezvous in the early summer, the joint picnic in late July, parking at the Air Show in August as a fund raiser, and a dinner in late October. Mark Day agreed to lead an effort to hold a “Reunion Dinner” in late October at the Bruce VFW Post.
- Dick Anderson reported on the “Ranger Base Camp” in Michigan which is an extension of the Army Ranger Association. He said that we should reach out to them to explore some joint events.
- Under new business:
- Tony Lopiccolo asked about a camping weekend for the Association. There was no decision on this.
- Bob Wangen reported that an author has written a book called, “No Killer Instinct” that features Co F in a positive light.
- Ben Walker reported on COL Bugg’s status. He appears to be doing well, but is still struggling on some activities.
- The Association approved by acclamation to re-elect the current board of officers for another year.
- The meeting was adjourned at 1500.
425th Regimental Association Board Of Directors & Contact Information
- President: Richard Anderson – email@example.com
- Vice President Mark Evans – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Tony Lopiccolo – email@example.com
- Treasurer: Tom Neff – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Historian: Don Bugg – email@example.com
- RCSM: Dean Burchill – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adjutant : Bob Wangen – email@example.com
- Quartermaster: David Lincicome – firstname.lastname@example.org